Monday, January 19, 2009

Disappointment




I haven't been to Tom Colicchio's famed Gramercy Tavern, nor have I been to his other joint, Craft. But I'm really hoping that both are far-far-FAR better than the grub served at 'Wichcraft. Neither of the above sandwiches (Roasted pork panini and Turkey-avocado-bacon warm sandwich) made my tummy smile. We realize that 'Wichcraft is meant to be his answer to fast food, but neither of the above-pictured sandwiches would've won a quick-fire challenge on his show (one of our favorite shows), Top Chef. That said, both le cub and I were hugely disappointed.

Colicchio, please pack your knives and go.

1 comment:

Morbidsheep said...

I went to the one in NYC... I had a poo face on when I had my first bite of whatever sandwich DBD ordered... was not impressive at all... and then I tried their oatmeal which was incredibly EXPENSIVE... tasted worse than that Quaker Oatmeal on the go thingy... sigh... I told DBD... "Is Tom C that busy with Top Chef? He needs to come down here and taste his own food...."