Sunday, February 15, 2009

Butter, Cheese, and Truffles



Valentine's lunch spent at D-list celebrity hot spot, The Grove.
Le cub and I had, surprisingly, never eaten at The Grove's Farmer's Market prior to yesterday, so it was really neat to finally sit down and grub amidst the charming atmosphere.

After surveying our numerous options, we opted for tapas at Monsieur Marcel. Pictured are the small plates we ordered:
- Chef's Tart: Marcel's take on pizza? Gourmet ingredients onboard puff pastry dough = yum!
- Caprese Salad: Not so hot. I felt as if I'd been presented with taco ingredients! There wasn't enough basil, and avocado doesn't belong in a traditional Caprese, does it?
- Foie Gras with Figs: Really just a pate. There wasn't enough toast, so le cub and I ended up spreading the pate onto the complementary bread (which, by the way, wasn't as crusty and chewy as I'd hoped).
- Truffle Oil Fries. I broke my New Year's resolution having only kept it for a month and a half. But how can anyone possible turn down TRUFFLES in any form?

Overall, a fun meal, but I probably wouldn't order the same items the next time I return...

Monsieur Marcel
Farmers Market
6333 W 3rd St
Los Angeles, CA 90189

No comments: