Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Good Enough to Eat


A couple weeks ago, I insisted that Josh pay a visit to this popular bakery that I (and numerous other San Franciscans) adore so-so dearly. We got there fairly early and and ordered ourselves a mountain of goodies. There was the open-faced sandwich (they ran out of shitake mushrooms so our shitake-asparagus sandwich was void of fungus), the ham and cheese quiche (to the delight of Josh, his slice was both fluffy and flakey), the classic orange cinnamon morning bun (oh boy!), and plum bread pudding (I still can't figure out why this dish is so popular). Sold the little cafe a little too hard. Josh's expectations had gotten kinda' high, and quite frankly, I think he was disappointed. Tartine's still good, but I'm not sure if it's worth the weekend wait.

Tartine Bakery
600 Guerrero St
(between 18th St & 19th St)
San Francisco, CA 94110

No comments: