Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Miso Hungry

I love eating out, but needless to say, meals out are pricey. Le cub and I eat out once or twice a week (usually on the weekends). Nothing fancy, but always tasty.

During the school/work week, we cook a lot. I generally stick to Chinese recipes adapted from my mom and uber-cute "Aniang" (grandma). "Three Cup Chicken" (a wonderous concoction of soy, sugar, cooking wine, basil, and chicken drumettes) and Mapo Tofu are our favorites.

But when I'm feeling "fancy", I turn to two cookbooks.

1) Simple to Spectacular by Jean-Georges Vongerichten & Mark Bittman

2) The Breakaway Japanese Kitchen by Eric Gower

Both cookbooks are easy enough for beginners to follow along... and the end-results of my cooking sessions under the guidance of these two manuals have always been delish.

I'm making Gower's Edamame Mint Pesto tonight. I've made it before, and it's such a pretty dish. Camera's malfunctioning, so in the meantime, check out Masak-Masak's rendition HERE. YUM!

No comments: