Monday, November 9, 2009

Top Scallop

Was in the Bay Area this past weekend, and le cub had the foresight to make reservations at Absinthe, the Hayes Valley brasserie run by Top Chef Season 5 contestant, Jamie Lauren. Throughout that season, my man and I longed to try her scallops. She was always making them!! So often that an exasperated Fabio was caught on camera exclaiming, "This is Top Chef! Not Top Scallop!"

Anyhoo, our Absinthe experience was a good one. The French Onion soup (the best I've ever had) was well-seasoned and perfect, considering the chilly evening weather. The oyster shooters were also lovely. Go Bloody Mary! And the main course... the scallops. They were so delicious that my picky fiance declared them the best he'd EVER had.

Service left much to be desired, and the dessert menu was lame. We didn't order any. Rare, as I'm such a dessert junkie. But boy, were the savory items yummy!

I look forward to returning.
Absinthe
398 Hayes St
San Francisco, CA 94102

Photos to come.

No comments: