Thursday, December 3, 2009

Cheaper Than Airfare




An extremely handsome French brasserie with a beautiful bar that my fiance would envy.

Went for dinner with my cousin and her friend, and we were seated upstairs. The ambience upstairs may not be as nice as the ambience downstairs (the soft, "gold" lighting downstairs would make any person's skin look flawless), but in exchange one is provided the opportunity to hold an actual conversation. (It can get really loud on the ground floor!)

Our chummy server was a tad strange. He kept on touching the shoulder of my cousin's friend - which probably wouldn't been okay if it weren't for the fact that my cousin's pal is OCD, and wanted to punch the server. But anyway.......

The food. The food was terrific. I ordered the duck. YUM. My cousin ordered the mussels. Even yummier. LOOOOOOOOVED the skinny frites that accompanied her mussels.

Profiteroles for dessert. I'm actually not a huge fan of cream puffs, but ice-cream puffs drenched in chocolate? I can do this.

An overall pleasant experience. I'd totally return, but there wasn't any one item that made me yelp, "I'll be back tomorrow!"

Anisette Brasserie
225 Santa Monica Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90401
(310) 395-3200

No comments: