Thursday, September 10, 2009

Aloha




This place serves up Hawaiian comfort food so freakin' delicious that people actually order (and not just talk about ordering) seconds. Our friend Larry treated Josh and I to brunch here, and we just fell in love with the simple, but spectacular flavors. While the ambience of the restaurant leaves much to be desired, the food... OH, the food. And the service. Eggggg-cellent!

I don't even know what it was that I ordered. The friendly staff - a supposedly 48=year-old Japanese surfer dude recommended some sort of egg-sausage concoction with a kick (hot sauce), and I just went with it. DELICIOUS!!! And yes, my scramble was served with sweet Hawaiian bread and brown rice.

For dessert, be sure to order a Hawaiian shaved ice. If you don't know what flavor you'd like, enjoy them all!!! I did :)

The Beach Hut
3713 Highland Ave # 5
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266-3272

No comments: