Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Harry's Cafe de Wheels




"In 1974, chicken king, Colonel Sanders, stopped at Harry’s and enjoyed the food so much that he ate three ‘pies and peas’ while leaning on his walking stick in front of the caravan." - quote from Harry's site.

Dude, if it's good enough for the Colonel, it's good enough for me!

On our first day touring Sydney, Australia, Josh and I decided to by a pass for a Hop-on, Hop-off bus tour. During our second circle of Sydney, I noticed that we were near a "must-eat" cafe I'd read about in my guidebook... Harry's Cafe de Wheels. Always the participatory mate, Josh hopped off the bus with me to enjoy a lunch of Aussie meat pie. We ordered the "Tiger" pie which is, in someways similar to a chicken pot pie. Only better! Josh and I both enjoyed our small beef pie topped with peas, mashed potato and gravy...

Someone should open up a cart here in Los Angeles.

Harry's Cafe de Wheels
Corner Cowper Wharf Roadway & Brougham Road
Woolloomooloo, NSW 2011

No comments: