Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Clementine



If it's good enough for Reese Witherspoon, it's good enough for us!

Josh and I were finally able to dine at upscale neighborhood cafe, Clementine yesterday. Tucked away in a random location, the restaurant comes highly recommended by Pulitzer Prize winning food critic, Jonathan Gold. But more importantly, my classmate, Robby had mentioned it various times as well. Josh and I had tried popping in on two other occasions, but the place was always closed! We admittingly dropped in on two straight Sundays... but yesterday, on a Wednesday, in the company of our dear friend, Jeannine, we were fortunate enough to finally enjoy lunch there.

The sandwich Josh ordered had him wondering, "How'd they do that?!" (the answer was "butter") and the refreshing summer salad I'd ordered had me thinking, "I could eat this for every meal!" (But of course I could. The "healthy" salad I'd ordered came tossed with amaaaazing bacon!) Overall? The ingredients were simple, but the combination of fresh farmers market faire made for uber-happy customers.

I look forward to returning.

Pictured: Josh's Clementine Combo consisting of "today's sandwich" (a turkey melt), a mixed green salad, and choice of cookie or drink. Also pictured is my summer salad.

Clementine
1751 Ensley Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90024
(310) 552-1080

No comments: