Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Spanish Sushi




I love, love, love tapas. That said, when Josh told me that our b-school Spaniard, Daniel recommended Bar Pintxo, I just had to go.

The tapas served at this cozy, tiny tapas bar were like none that I'd had during my visit to Barcelona. Sitting atop a high stool, I consumed some of the largest tapas I'd ever seen. Check out the photos. I liken them to mega nigiri sushi.

Pictured (from left to right):

TOP: Simple and classic grilled bread rubbed with fresh tomato and topped with serrano ham, the same simple and classic grilled bread topped with foie gras, caramelized onions and apple, and once again, the same bread topped with smoked salmon wrapped around a hearty serving of dungeness crab.

MIDDLE: The special. Homemade flatbread topped with olive oil, figs, caramelized onions, and arugula.

BOTTOM: mushroom, jamon, and diced veggies

Detailed review to come.

Bar Pintxo
109 Santa Monica Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90401
(310) 458-2012

No comments: