Sunday, October 12, 2008

It's Better with Butter




"God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well." - Voltaire

Together my college bff Kathy and I consumed nearly a pound of butter at the new Santa Monica bistro, Anisette. Having walked in with no reservations, we felt lucky to have found bar seating. The restaurant set-up is really charming. High ceilings, dark wood, dim lighting, bustling... For a second there, I felt as if I'd been transported to Paris. So wonderful.

Kathy and I ordered the mussels (creamier than we'd anticipated but yummy), steak frites (there were three sauce options and we chose the red-wine reduction option... an excellent choice), and a side of hericot verts (they were swimming in butter, but neither of us complained).

Service was slow, but the waitress' fab attitude more than made up for it.

Anisette Brasserie
225 Santa Monica Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90407
(310) 395-3200

No comments: