Thursday, August 21, 2008

Emily's Azuki Red Bean Soup


If you're like me and are into Chinese desserts (they're not too sweet and have a "taste of home" -- at least for me), you'd probably really enjoy Emily's azuki red bean soup. (Sorry, you're going to have to know her personally to enjoy this dish. Suck up, suck up, suck up!) She delivered a tupperware-full of the soup yesterday afternoon (along with Beans' crazy-fabulous birthday cake), and somehow I did not get around to tasting her dessert until late-evening. It was amazing! Perfectly flavored and sweetened. Em's take on the recipe is very different from any red bean soup I've had in the past. The soup's texture was suprisingly thick (more beans!)--not watered-down enough to be liquid, yet not thick enough to be a paste. But you know what, that's what made it so tasty! I've had anything like it. So-so-good.

No comments: