Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hold the Cilantro



I'm not a fan of cilantro, and neither is Josh. But we're both fans of Vietnamese food (which often contains cilantro). Hmm. Go figure. Anyhow, I recently tried a pork banh mi Vietnamese sandwich at a little take out joint near my apartment. For $3.50, I received fast and friendly service (friendly service is a rarity in the Richmond) along with my generously-sized french baguette loaded with pork (slices and pate), pickled carrots and daikon, fresh cucumber, and grr... cilantro! Although the bread was a little on the dry side, I (with the help of Beans!) wolfed down the hearty sandwich. Good, but not great. I'd definitely return though. Only next time, I'm going to try the pho.

Little Vietnam Cafe
309 6th Avenue
(between Clement St & Geary Blvd)
San Francisco, CA 94118

No comments: