Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I wish I was... so very special

Welcome blog stalkers!

Part 2
Better Bento

550 Lakeside Dr
Sunnyvale, CA 94085

A pretty good lunch with a good variety of flavors and textures. For $8.50, it's not a bad lunch option that also includes miso soup. I took mine to go and carefully analyzed and enjoyed my meal at my desk.

At this price point, it's a decent deal and had good flavors. The mix of beef and Chinese brocoli (with hints of garlic) was tasty and had good texture. The beef was a little fatty (which added some flavor), but wasn't the healthiest choice. The tamago was a bit bland and had gotten warm from the neighboring compartments of sides. The grilled salmon was a bit dried, but tasted healthy. Overall, the lunch was pleasant and nice change from my usual choices of the combo.
What's in the photo?
The bento consisted beef with Chinese brocoli atop thin noodles, tamago (Japanese egg omelet), grilled salmon, karage (think Japanese popcorn chicken with less batter), and small sides of Japanese pickles, Japanese potato salad (with corn), and soy beans and julienne seaweed (and, of course, a large helping of white rice).

No comments: